Skip to main content

How do I cancel or withdraw a request?

Some requests can be canceled or withdrawn while they are still in a pending status. To cancel a request, locate your request in the Submissions (see “How do I review my submitted requests?” above), and select your request. Choose the option “Withdraw” to cancel a return submission request, or if the request is for a payment, choose “Cancel.” This will delete (cancel) this request. While many tax return requests can be edited and then resubmitted, payments cannot be edited.

If you need to correct a payment request, you may cancel the request if the payment status is “pending.” If the submitted payment status is something other than “pending,” you may not cancel the payment.