Skip to main content

What happens if my bank account is closed or I submitted incorrect account information before my tax refund direct deposit is made?

For security reasons, we cannot modify the routing number, account number, or the type of account from what was entered when you filed your return. If the account is closed or incorrect banking information is provided to us, the bank will reject the refund. Once we receive the refund back from the bank, the Comptroller's Office will issue a paper check and mail it to you.


Answers others found helpful


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.