- What should I do if I have not received my tax refund check?
- How long does it take to process an amended individual income tax return?
- May I check the status of a prior year's refund on your web site?
- Does the department pay interest on refunds?
- Can I check the status of my amended return refund online?
If you file your return electronically and have your refund directly deposited into your checking or savings account, you will receive your refund faster. To check the status of your refund, you may visit our automated Income Tax Refund Status Inquiry application. Please note that the refund inquiry application only allows you to check on the current year's refund status. To inquire about a prior year's refund status, you may either call us at 1 800-732-8866, or you may email us by using the "Questions, Comments, or Requests" link at the bottom of this page.
For more specific information about the status of your refund after IDOR has finished processing it, you can check the Illinois Comptroller's Find Your Illinois Tax Refund System.
Answers others found helpful
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.