You have the right to fair and equitable treatment if your account has been selected for audit. Since the audit function is to determine whether the correct amount of tax has been reported, we are as willing to acknowledge tax overpayments or errors on our part as we are to recognize underpayments. We may ask you to provide additional information to verify amounts shown on your returns. You have the right to know why we are asking for information, how that information will be used, and what will happen if you do not furnish the information.
Note: Additional information about the audit process can be found in Brochure PIO-60, Illinois Audit Information, which is available below.
- PIO-60 - Illinois Audit Information
- PIO-60-VAR – An Introduction to the Virtual Audit Room
- PIO-58 - Informal Conference Board Review
- Audit Fast Track Resolution Fact Sheet
- Audit Fast Track Resolution Application (This PDF file must be downloaded and opened in Adobe Acrobat)