How do I verify a resale number is valid and active?
- May I use my certificate of registration to purchase items tax-free?
- What is the difference between a certificate of registration, resale certificate, tax-exempt number, and license number?
- Under what circumstances will I be registered as a reseller?
- How are sales for resale transactions documented?
- When is a blanket certificate of resale used?
Account ID, FEIN, and License Numbers can be verified at MyTax Illinois by selecting the "Verify a Registered Business" link in the "Searches" panel. This system allows you to inquire whether a business is registered with the Illinois Department of Revenue and how that business is registered with IDOR.
Answers others found helpful
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.