Skip to main content

On what form do I report sales and use tax and how do I obtain these forms?

You can file Form ST-1, Sales and Use Tax and E911 Surcharge electronically using MyTax Illinois to report your sales and use tax liability. If you are reporting sales for more than one location or from a changing location, you must also submit Form ST-2, Multiple Site Form. MyTax Illinois will provide your tax rates and perform the mathematical calculations for you, so you are less likely to make mistakes. When you file on MyTax, you still have the option to mail a check for the sales tax due if you are not mandated to pay electronically, or you can pay by direct debit from your bank account. In some cases, we will send preprinted Forms ST-1/ST-2 to registered businesses. To request preprinted forms, call us at 217 785-3707. It will take approximately seven to ten days to receive them. 

Answers others found helpful

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.