- Can I get an IL-PIN if this is the first time I have filed an individual income tax return with Illinois?
- How can I obtain my 8-digit IL-PIN to electronically file my Form IL-1040?
- Does my spouse need an IL-PIN if we are using tax preparation software to file a joint return?
- Can I still use my IL-PIN to file using MyTax Illinois or tax preparation software if I file with a different filing status or name than last year?
- How does an IL-PIN work with computer software for filing the IL-1040?
If you have a valid Illinois Driver's License or Illinois State Identification Card, you can use tax preparation software to file your individual income tax return without an IL-PIN.
Answers others found helpful
Q&A Other Answers
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.