Skip to main content

What items are reported on Form RUT-25 and Form RUT-25-LSE?

Items that must be reported on Form RUT-25, Vehicle Use Tax Transaction Return, include cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, ATVs, buses, watercraft, aircraft, motor homes, trailers, snow mobiles, and mobile homes. You must file Form RUT-25 if you own such a vehicle and you purchased it from an unregistered out-of-state dealer, lending institution, leasing company selling at retail, or retailer and you will title or register the item in Illinois. If you leased rather than purchased any of these items, Form RUT-25-LSE will be used instead.

Answers others found helpful

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.