Skip to main content

RUT-25, RUT-25-LSE, and RUT-50

Forms RUT-25, RUT-25-LSE, and RUT-50 are generally obtained when you license and title your vehicle at the applicable state facility or at a currency exchange. Do not make copies of the forms prior to completing. These forms have unique transaction numbers that should not be duplicated. Doing so could delay processing.

To determine the amount of tax due, refer to the RUT-25, RUT-25-LSE, or RUT-50 instructions below.

These forms are available at the offices of the Illinois Secretary of State, the Illinois Department of Transportation, or the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. If you need to obtain the forms prior to registering the vehicle, send us an email request or call our 24-hour Forms Order Line at 1 800 356-6302. Include in your request your name and mailing address and the type of form you are requesting. Note that we cannot email or fax you the requested form. Instead, we will complete your request via the U.S. Postal Service.