Skip to main content

May I authorize another person to discuss my IL-1040 with the Department?

If you want to allow another person to discuss your return with us, check the box in Step 12 of your IL-1040 and print the designee's name and telephone number. The authorization will allow your designee to answer any questions that arises during the processing of your return, call us with questions about your return, and receive or respond to notices we send. You may revoke the authorization at any time by calling or writing us.

Note: Form IL-2848, Power of Attorney, can be used in lieu of assigning a Third Party Designee on Form IL-1040.



Answers others found helpful


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.