Can I file Form IL-1040-X if I have not received my refund from my federal amended return?
- What other types of documentation can I provide to show the IRS accepted my amended return?
- How long do I have to file an IL-1040-X to report a federal change?
- I have not received my refund, should I include it on my IL-1040-X?
- How far back can I file an amended return to claim a refund based on a state change only?
- Does the department pay interest on refunds?
No. You should not file your Form IL-1040-X until you receive a federal finalization notification from the IRS stating that they have accepted your change either by paying a refund or by final assessment, agreement, or judgment.
Answers others found helpful
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.