Skip to main content

Can I file Form IL-1040-X if I have not received my refund from my federal amended return?

No. You should not file your Form IL-1040-X until you receive a federal finalization notification from the IRS stating that they have accepted your change either by paying a refund or by final assessment, agreement, or judgment.

Answers others found helpful

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.