Skip to main content

Can I make payments if I am having trouble paying my property taxes?

The County Treasurer or the County Collector handles the payment of property taxes within the county. That office can assist you with the payment options that are available within your county and the due dates and penalties if your property taxes are not paid in a timely manner. You also may want to contact the County Supervisor of Assessments office, also referred to as the County Assessor's Office within Cook and St. Clair counties, to verify that you are receiving the exemptions for which you qualify.

See our General Property Tax Information and Resources web page for more information.


Answers others found helpful


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.