Skip to main content

Possible online services disruption due to Internet related outage

A worldwide technology outage is causing disruption to some State of Illinois online systems.  We are aware of this issue and are diligently working on restoration.

How do I get a copy of my tax return?

For taxes currently included in MyTax Illinois, copies of filed returns can be obtained for the current period and some historical periods. After you log in, click on the account you wish to view, which will bring you to the “Periods” tab. Click on the “View” button for the return you wish to view. Returns filed on a system other than MyTax do not include supporting schedules or attachments. If there is no “View” button on the period you need, you must request a paper copy.

If you would like a paper copy of your tax return and any attachment to that return from the Department, you must complete Form IL-4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. A separate Form IL-4506 must be completed for each tax type requested. There is a $5 charge for each copy of the return, which includes all attachments, and an additional $5 charge if you want the document certified.

Mail Form IL-4506 along with your payment to:

PO BOX 19014
SPRINGFIELD IL  62794-9014




Answers others found helpful

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them on the Questions, Comments, or Requests form.