Skip to main content

Possible online services disruption due to Internet related outage

A worldwide technology outage is causing disruption to some State of Illinois online systems.  We are aware of this issue and are diligently working on restoration.

Under what circumstances will I be registered as a reseller?

You will be registered as a reseller - rather than a retailer - if ALL your sales of tangible personal property, telecommunications, electricity, or natural gas are nontaxable (i.e., all sales are to exempt buyers or for resale) and you want to buy your merchandise exempt from tax from registered Illinois suppliers. To register as a reseller, you may choose one of the following options:

Retailers making  purchases for resale purposes should not register as resellers. Instead they should complete Form CRT-61, Certificate of Resale (or a similar form containing the same information) for all merchandise purchased for resale purposes. For additional information, see the Certificate of Resale information page on our website.




Answers others found helpful

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them on the Questions, Comments, or Requests form.