Skip to main content

What payment methods can I use to pay my individual income tax balance due?

We encourage you to use electronic methods to ensure timely receipt of payments. You may electronically pay your taxes no matter how you file.  Electronic methods available to pay your individual income tax are:

  • MyTax Illinois (electronic payment taken from your checking or savings account)
  • Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)

If you must send a paper check or money order, download the correct voucher from our website and mail it together to the address shown on the voucher. Make your check payable to the Illinois Department of Revenue. Write your Social Security number, your spouse's Social Security number if filing jointly, and the tax year in the lower left-hand corner of your payment.  If you do not have a notice, bill, or voucher, you may mail the payment to:


PO BOX 19006

SPRINGFIELD, IL 62794-9006

Please attach a letter stating the tax type, tax period (if applicable), and the account number for which you are making a payment. You must also write the account number and the tax period (if applicable) on your payment.

NOTE: You can now make individual income tax payments by credit card at any IDOR Regional office!




Answers others found helpful


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.