At what tax rate can Home Rule Municipal Sales Tax be imposed?
- What is home rule sales tax?
- Is there other general information I should know about Home Rule Sales Tax?
- Can home rule units impose and collect any other taxes?
- What must a home rule unit do to establish, change or discontinue Home Rule Sales Tax?
- What local taxes may be imposed and combined to the state rate of tax?
Home Rule Municipal Sales Tax may be imposed in ¼ percent increments. There is no maximum rate limit. For more information, see PTAX-1002-8, Local Governments' Guide to Tax Allocations, Home Rule Sales Taxes.
Answers others found helpful
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.