What types of sales are exempt from tax?
- Are there other types of sales that have special circumstances which determine taxing jurisdiction?
- Do I, as a resident of Illinois, owe tax on internet purchases?
- What are the retailers' occupation and use tax rates in Illinois?
- Must construction contractors collect sales tax?
- Do certain organizations qualify for a retailers' occupation and use tax exemption on their purchases made at retail?
Illinois allows several exemptions from occupation and use taxes. See Publication 104, Common Sales and Use Tax Exemptions, for a list of common sales tax exemptions and how tax-exempt sales must be documented. For a complete list of exempt transactions, see 86 Ill. Adm. Code 130.120, 140.125, 150.301, and 160.110.
Answers others found helpful
If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.