Skip to main content

How do I change my address with the Illinois Department of Revenue for individual income tax?

If you have not yet filed your tax return, your address will be automatically updated when you file your Form IL-1040 or IL-1040-X. Make sure to include your updated address in the Personal Information section of the form.

You can update your address yourself if you have a MyTax Illinois account for Individual Income Tax. To create an account, you must have a recent bill or notice from the Department of Revenue.

If you need to update your address but have already filed your return, you may call our Taxpayer Assistance Division at 1-800-732-8866. To complete the address update, you will need to verify tax information from your account with our representative. Please call with a copy of your previously filed IL 1040 tax return or with a notice you received.

Please be aware most mail from the Illinois Department of Revenue is not forwarded by the US Postal Service, even if you have a forwarding address. This is for your protection. Please update your address with us if you have moved after you file your tax return.







Answers others found helpful


If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.