The Illinois Department of Revenue reimburses relocation expenses for new hires assigned to our Springfield, IL office.
What positions are eligible for reimbursement?
- Revenue Auditor Trainee
- Revenue Tax Specialist Trainee
- Revenue Collections Officer Trainee
What expenses are covered?
- Mileage (a single one-way trip)
- Moving truck or moving company
- Up to $1,500 per employee total
What are the minimum requirements?
- New hire must reside more than 75 miles from Springfield, IL.
- New place of residence is within 50 miles of Springfield, IL.
- Relocation expenses (original receipts) must be submitted for reimbursement within 60 days of employee’s start date. Expenses incurred or submitted after this time period are ineligible.
Reimbursed amounts will be reported to Payroll and included in the employee’s taxable income subject to withholding in accordance with state and federal law.
If the employee separates from IDOR or resigns due to circumstances within his or her control, as determined by IDOR, within twenty-four (24) months of his or her start date, the employee will repay the reimbursed amounts.
If the duration of employment is less than 12 months, the employee will repay 100% of the reimbursed expenses. If the duration of employment is 12 to 24 months, the employee will repay 50% of the reimbursed expenses. The amount to be repaid shall be the gross amount of the original reimbursed expenses, not net of taxes.
IDR-1006 [Printable PDF Version]