Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

What is the tax rate for small businesses (S-corps)?

Answer #86 -- ( Published 08/04/2005 12:35 PM | Updated 02/06/2018 4:16 PM )

What is the tax rate for small businesses (S corporations)?

S Corporations pay Personal Property Replacement Tax (replacement tax) of 1.5 percent. Check the Tax Rate Database for details.  They do not pay Illinois Income Tax. Generally, income from an S corporation is passed on to the shareholders. The shareholders must include this income in their federal adjusted gross income (for individuals) or federal taxable income (for other taxpayers). This is the starting point for calculating Illinois Income Tax.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question