Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

Request for Information and Public Records

Answer #852 -- ( Published 04/26/2012 03:10 PM | Updated 05/29/2018 12:08 PM )

How do I submit a Freedom of Information Request?

Submit requests for information to:

FOIA Officer (6-595)
The Freedom of Information Office
Illinois Department of Revenue
101 W Jefferson ST
Springfield IL  62702

Phone: 217 782-0985

You may use Form FOIA-1, Freedom of Information Act Request, to request information or provide your own document containing the same information.

Note: Section 3.1(c) of the Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/3.1(c), prohibits a person from knowingly obtaining a public record for a commercial purpose without disclosing that it is for a commercial purpose. See also 5 ILCS 140/2(c-10), defining "commercial purpose."

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question