Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

Who must file Form IL-990-T?

Answer #78 -- ( Published 08/04/2005 12:25 PM | Updated 02/06/2018 3:17 PM )

Who must file Form IL-990-T?

You must file Form IL-990-T, Exempt Organization Income and Replacement Tax Return, if you are an organization exempt from federal income tax by reason of Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and earn or receive unrelated business taxable income as determined under IRC, Section 512, and

  • have net income as defined under the Illinois Income Tax Act (IITA) or
  • are a resident or qualified to do business in the state of Illinois and are required to file U.S. Form 990-T (regardless of net income or loss).

See the IL-990-T Instructions for due dates and filing requirements.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question