Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

Is my Certificate of Registration transferable?

Answer #513 -- ( Published 03/10/2006 10:52 AM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:40 AM )

Is my Certificate of Registration transferable?

No.  A Certificate of Registration is not transferable and should be destroyed if your business is discontinued. 

If you move your business from one location to another, you must update your information with the Department immediately. This can be done electronically using MyTax Illinois or by contacting our Central Registration Division at 217 785-3707. Legal and site addresses must be updated separately in MyTax Illinois. Once your site address has been updated, the Department will issue you a new Certificate of Registration and will mail it to your legal address

Please refer to the Illinois Administrative Code, Section 130.735.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question