Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

May I pay my taxes with a credit or debit card?

Answer #453 -- ( Published 01/27/2006 02:18 PM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:41 AM )

May I pay my individual income taxes using a credit card or debit card, and is there a convenience fee?

Illinois offers the option to pay your IL-1040 balance due with a credit card using one of three vendors, Official Payments Corporation, Value Payment Systems, or Link2Gov/FIS. Acceptable cards are American Express, Discover Card, Master Card, and Visa. When making a credit card payment, a convenience fee will be charged to process your payment. This fee is paid directly to the vendor processing the payment. The Illinois Department of Revenue does not receive any portion of this convenience fee.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question