Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

How do I discontinue my business?

Answer #416 -- ( Published 12/06/2005 04:11 PM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:40 AM )

How do I discontinue my business with the Illinois Department of Revenue?

MyTax Illinois allows you to close tax-specific locations for sales tax using “Maintain Locations”, as well as tax accounts using “Request to Close Account”. All account types currently in MyTax Illinois can be closed electronically. You also may contact Central Registration at 217 785-3707, or by using the "Submit a question" form at the bottom of this page. Please include your business name, Illinois account ID or license number, which tax types you need discontinued, the date of discontinuation, and an explanation for the reason of closure.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question