K-12 Education Expense Credit Q&As
Answer #28 -- ( Published 07/29/2005 11:23 AM | Updated 07/12/2017 11:45 AM )
Who may take the K-12 Education Expense Credit on the individual income tax return?
You may take the Education Expense Credit if you
- are an Illinois resident,
- are the parent or legal guardian of a qualifying child, and
- pay qualifying education expenses to a qualifying school in which your child is enrolled.
Who is a qualifying child?
A qualifying child is a student who, during the tax year, must have been
- an Illinois resident,
- under age of 21 at the close of the school year, and
- a full-time student enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grade at a qualifying school.
What are qualifying expenses?
Answers others found helpful