Is there a fee to register a business?
Answer #223 -- ( Published 08/18/2005 12:16 PM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:40 AM )
Is there a fee to register a business with the Illinois Department of Revenue?
No. There are some license fees for businesses with tax responsibilities that include:
- Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retailer: annual fee of $75 per location
- Other Tobacco Products Retailer: annual fee of $75 per location
- Cigarette/Cigarette Use Tax: annual fee of $250
- Electricity Excise Tax - self-assessor: $200 fee due every two years
- Dry-cleaning License Fee: see Dry Cleaning License Fee
Answers others found helpful