Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

What payment methods can I use to pay my balance due?

Answer #22 -- ( Published 07/29/2005 11:00 AM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:41 AM )

What payment methods are available if I have an amount due on my individual income tax return?

We encourage you to use electronic methods to ensure timely receipt of payments. The following electronic methods available:

  • MyTax Illinois (electronic payment taken from your checking or savings account)
  • Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)

If you must send a paper check or money order, download the correct voucher from our website and mail them together to the address shown on the voucher. Make your check payable to the Illinois Department of Revenue. Write your Social Security number, your spouse's Social Security number if filing jointly, and the tax year in the lower left-hand corner of your payment.

Note: You may electronically pay your taxes no matter how you file.

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question