The Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) is providing a new application, called MyDec, to electronically file real property transfer tax declarations and to print revenue stamps at our website at tax.illinois.gov. MyDec replaces the EZ Dec application used in Cook County and the city of Chicago. The main functions of EZ Dec – city, county, and state forms handling for the recording process – are available in MyDec, as well as some enhanced features.
MyDec allows you to
- Electronically submit
- City of Chicago Form 7551 – Real Property Transfer Tax Declaration
- Cook County Real Property Transfer Declaration
- State of Illinois Forms PTAX 203, 203-A, and 203-B
- Accept, change, or close declarations
- Authorized settlement agencies can print stamps
- View messages related to declarations
Updates regarding the new MyDec application can be found here as they become available. See Informational Bulletin FY 2014-15 for more information.
Cook County and the city of Chicago are the pilot users, but soon, the MyDec application will be available to every county in Illinois.
All users in other counties should continue to follow their current process for real property transfer tax declarations and revenue stamps until they transition into the MyDec system.
Important information about the transition from EZ Dec to MyDec for users in the city of Chicago and Cook County
- Declarations that were fully submitted for closing prior to Thursday, June 12, 2014, at 2 p.m. will be converted into MyDec. Any declarations that were not submitted (“open” or “inactive” status in EZ Dec) by the deadline, will not be converted and will not be retrievable in the new system. Declarations that were left in an “Open” or “Inactive” status in EZ Dec must be recreated in MyDec after conversion.
- You must create a new MyDec account login – we will not convert your existing login information. However, you will be asked for your EZ Dec Account ID so that we can match your converted declarations with your new MyDec account.
- Any declarations for closings between Thursday, June 12, 2014, at 2 p.m. and Monday, June, 16, 2014, must be done on paper forms for the city of Chicago and Cook County.