Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR


1099-G and W-2 Information

What is a 1099-G?

Form 1099-G is mailed as a reminder of any overpayment from the Illinois Department of Revenue during the prior year. The overpayment amount listed include all refunds, credits, check-off contributions, and any overpayments that may have been credited to an outstanding balance. You may need to report these amounts on your federal income tax return as income. If you are unsure about reporting this to the Internal Revenue Service, please contact them by writing:


or calling:
1 800-829-1040

If you did not receive or lost Form 1099-G, you can obtain the information from this web site.

I did not receive my W-2, what do I do?

If you did not receive your W-2 form, you should contact your employer.

I mailed my return and forgot to attach my W-2's and other supporting schedules, what do I do?

If you failed to attach your W-2 or any other supporting documentation, please keep those items with your tax records. If we need documentation when we process your return

we will request it at that time.